One of the most exciting parts of buying or building a new home is designing its interior. The kitchen is typically given the most consideration and for good reason: it’s the gathering place for friends and family. When designing your kitchen, it’s important to give a great deal of thought to your appliances. Because of their expense, doing your research before you buy will pay off in the long run. Read the rest of this entry »
Faux painting techniques have become very popular over the past few years. These techniques can take a boring monotonous room and make it come alive. Sponge painting is the easiest of the faux painting techniques. It is a quick, simple way to bring a spark to your living room You can start off simply or really get dramatic with sponge painting techniques. The great thing is it doesn’t cost much. So if you’re looking for an easy way to make your living room pop, consider sponge painting.
Picking a colour to paint your house can cause a lot of stress, especially if you don’t know what you want. Below are some colours and what they mean and represent. If you are thinking of painting your house, look below to see which colour says what!
- Red: Maintaining health, strength, physical energy, sex, passion, courage, protection. This colour is widely used in defensive magic. It is the colour of the element of fire. Red is associated with blood (and thus, life and death), birth, volcanoes, and intense emotions.
- Pink: Love, friendship, compassion, relaxation. Pink is symbolic of calm emotions and of emotional unions. It’s less powerful then red.
- Orange: The colour of general attraction and energy. Orange is a lesser aspect of red.
- Yellow: Intellect, confidence, divination, communication, eloquence, travel, movement. Yellow is the colour of the element of Air and is the colour of royalty.
- Green: Money, prosperity, employment, fertility, healing, growth. Green is the colour of the element of the Earth and symbolizes our planet’s fertility (it’s the colour of chlorophyll) as well as life itself.
- Blue: Healing, peace, patience, happiness. Blue is the colour of the element of Water. It is a symbol of the ocean, sleep, twilight, and the sky.
- Purple: Power, healing severe disease, spirituality, meditation, religion. Purple was once a European symbol of royalty; today it symbolizes the divine.
- White: Protection, purification, all purposes. It is the Symbol of the Moon, freshness, snow, cold, and potential. Adds to spiritual strength, breaks curses or crossed conditions, represents faith, truth and sincerity.
- Black: Banishing negativity, absorbing negativity. It symbolizes outer space and the universe. Black is the absence of colours. In some cultures, black represented fertility (as in quite fruitful black earth); in others, wisdom. In our culture it has been curiously linked with evil, due to religious associations.
- Brown: Animals. Brown represents soil and, to a lesser degree, fertility of the Earth.
So what is the best colour for your home? Here is your chance to express your own taste and style and see which colours work within your life!
Time for the big question: What colour paint should you use for your house? This may seem like a simple question, but the answer is complex.
Have you ever tried looking at the small details in your house? A lot of factors should be considered when choosing the kind of colours that you need in your home. Depending on what you want to focus on, you can select various colours to be painted on your walls, ceilings, windows, columns, dividers and decks. However, take note that using too many colours can be distracting to the eyes. Most interior designers will tell you to stick to one colour family when painting your house. Be aware of using contrasting colours that can clash the look of your house. If you think blue is perfect for you, try using lighter or darker tone of blue for an accent instead of having a completely opposite, dissimilar colour.
The right home colour for you does not necessarily go by any rules. The bottom line is that you can express your taste and personality through these colours.