5 Style Don’ts for Your First Date
Dressing for a first date can be pretty stressful. When searching through your wardrobe for the perfect outfit, you must consider how you want to present yourself and what each piece says about you (although your destination could also play a role in how you dress…you’re not going to wear an evening gown to go mountain-biking, for example). You want to make sure you come across as the confident, sexy woman that you are without looking too buttoned down, or alternately, too inviting. It can be extremely difficult to strike the right balance, but if you’re not sure what type of ensemble to don, you should at least attempt to avoid some of the worst fashion mistakes that women make on a first date.
1. Skipping a bra. No matter what type of top you are wearing, there is always a bra to go with it, so don’t think omitting this basic undergarment is acceptable (or wise). The lack of a bra will almost certainly send the wrong message to a prospective beau and it may not be very flattering to your figure or your outfit. So make sure to keep your girls locked and loaded in the right bra and you will do a lot more to further your cause on a first date.
2. Dressing too sexy. Showing a little skin is never a bad idea since you are trying to attract a potential mate. But you can easily go overboard by showing too much. A form-fitting outfit should have plenty of coverage, while a dress should either show a little cleavage or some leg (but not both). Combining all three of these no-nos in one outfit is sure to come across as a little desperate, so strive to reveal just a hint of what’s to come rather than putting all your goods on display.
3. Dressing too young. If you’re over 18, then you have no excuse for dressing like a school girl. It’s time to stop shopping in the junior’s section and wear something that’s age-appropriate. Being a fantasy is all well and good until you want an actual relationship. If you’re looking for a little fun, no problem, but if you want him to wake up happily to the reality of everyday life with you, then you should be upfront about who you are rather than dressing like a girl who is 10-20 years younger.
4. Wearing work clothes. If you want to let your date know just how much you don’t care about what he thinks, then by all means, go ahead and wear your work clothes. All you’re saying is that you are so unconcerned about impressing him that you couldn’t bother to take the time to change. Clearly, this isn’t the best way to start a new relationship.
5. Dressing for comfort. While wearing your sweats or nappy old tees and jeans around the house is perfectly acceptable, they’re not really fancy enough for a date. Even if all you do is put on a new pair of jeans and a nice top, it’s going to make a better impression than showing up looking like you just rolled out of bed and threw on yesterday’s clothes.
Sarah Danielson writes for www.tshirtprinting.net where you can design your own custom clothing at affordable prices.
Comments are closed.