10 Trends For Creating a Fabulous Modern Bedroom
As you make your bed each morning before heading to work, do you ever find yourself a bit bored? It’s not the repetition of your chore that has you sighing out loud, but rather the entire look of your bedroom that has you feeling less than enthused about spending time here. So, what can you do to spruce it up without robbing the bank? Here are the top 10 trends for modern bedroom renovation that will have you jumping for joy again.
• Keep the modern look timeless. Bedroom renovation can get expensive; especially when you invest in a look that only goes with the season you remodel it in. To make a modern bedroom look timeless, make sure to keep it neutral. Keep it simple, from the low Japanese style bed sets to the Fung Shui spaced motif.
• Get rid of the clutter. There’s nothing that can cancel out a modern bedroom set like clutter. A true modern bedroom should be well spaced, simplistic and free of clutter. Consider putting in extra shelving along the walls, or hide the hamper in the closet and out of your eyesight.
• What’s the feeling here? Does your bedroom evoke a mixture of harmony and chaos? Modern bedrooms should serve many purposes, with one being a calm energy to relax in. If you don’t feel good about your bedroom from the moment you enter it, it’s time to take out furniture, knick-knacks and miscellaneous items that don’t go with the rest of the room. Keeping your room harmonious is part of being well designed, with a trend that will never go out of style.
• Take out distractions. This trend goes hand in hand alongside identifying a harmonious feeling in your bedroom. Take out anything that distracts your bedroom from total calm and harmonious emotions. Keep your bedroom TV-free by reserving that down time to the living room. Leave your laptop and work related books, papers and notes in your home office as well.
• Consider natural flooring. Neglecting your flooring is a common mishap for many Do-It-Yourselfers, but don’t fall into that trap! Flooring is an important part of the overall modern look your bedroom will exude, so consider replacing your 10-year old lambskin rug for bamboo. The natural flooring will make you feel instantly calm with its Zen quality.
• Consider transforming your bedroom into an eco-friendly one. It’s not difficult to trade in your carpet flooring for eco-friendly bamboo or using wicker baskets to recycle old papers.
• Mix and Match. Don’t be afraid to experiment with colour; after all, your bedroom should reflect your taste. If you have a black and white bedding set, bring in a black and white decorative mirror and place above your bed; install a black or white sculpture to place on your nightstand and complete the look with dim lighting that offers the same colour scheme.
• Don’t be afraid of colour. 2011 brought together simplicity with colour in the modern bedroom world, and lavender quickly became an instant trend. Feel free to match your bedroom set (or mix and match) from light to dark purples, grey or white.
• The Asian theme is always in style. Don’t be afraid to bring in bamboo separators to help distinguish your bedroom from your bathroom, or use bright lime greens, purples or reds to help a smaller bedroom appear larger. The Asian theme is always a popular modern design, and can easily be adorned with structural wall art, low-to-the-ground beds and bamboo.
• Focus on design. Don’t make your modern bedroom too busy – that’s for a more traditional bedroom. Instead, stick with abstract or simple designs. Place them on your wall, above your bed or in your bathroom for a 3D effect. If you choose black and white wallpaper, make sure to bring in some colour somewhere – with the pillows, bookshelf or mirrors that hang from your walls.
Comments are closed.