Designing A Home Gym – 5 Important Tips
Exercise is one of the most important things that you can do for your health. It’s easy to skip on exercising when there are so many things vying for your attention. It might be easy to just say “I’ll do it tomorrow.” Experience shows that in these situations, tomorrow never quite gets here. Having a home gym can be a great way to get motivated and to not procrastinate. Having a room dedicated to staying in shape may be one of the best investments you’ll ever make. Here are 5 tips to consider when designing a home workout room of your own.
- Start with energetic colours. A workout room should inspire a desire within you to get moving. Pay attention to rooms that make you want to move and incorporate those colours into your workout room. Energy is the theme, so make the room energetic and inviting.
- Install only items that will contribute to exercise. Skip out on comfortable couches or chairs in your workout room. You don’t want any invitations to take a nap or a siesta. Your aim in this room is to keep moving.
- Ensure proper ventilation. A few fans in a home gym can save you during the hot summer months. Even if you have air conditioning a fan can really be a real life-saver.
- Don’t overcrowd the gym. Keep functionality and flow of motion front and center in your mind. You don’t want so much exercise equipment that you are tripping over things and hurting yourself.
- Remember cardio, strength, and stretching. Set up your home gym so you can easily move from one kind of activity to another. All three aspects of exercise are important, so incorporate them all.
A high-energy, low-clutter gym can be a simple home renovation project. Keep colours and patterns centered on movement and energy. An investment in time and energy, both to designing the room and using it, will be one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. Here’s to your health!
Comments are closed.