Sit Down Dinners Are Back With Beautiful Dining Room Designs
What in the world happened to the dining room? Sure, many houses still have a room that is called the dining room, but often times these rooms are nothing more than a room that sits there collecting dust. The idea of a sit down dinner with family and friends seems to be outdated. If you are interested in having some interesting time together with family and friends, it’s time to get out the feather duster, clean that dining room and add a spark to the design. Everyone appreciates a nice formal dinner every now and then, and if you plan on adding this to your entertainment schedule, you want to be sure that you do it right. Here are 5 simple ideas to make the dining room interesting again.
- Buy a new table cloth and linens. You’ll be pleasantly surprised what a big difference a new tablecloth can do for your dining room. Spend some money though, don’t go cheap. Buy something that you like, with a little colour in it. The idea is that the table is the center of the room; you want to have some colour that draws attention to the center.
- Speaking of centers, while you are purchasing your new tablecloth, get a new vase to put fresh cut flowers in. Try to coordinate it with the new colours you are bringing into the room. Nothing makes guests feel more at ease than some lovely, fresh flowers in the center of the table.
- Have a new chandelier light installed. As you know, lighting sets the mood for a room. Inadequate lighting makes a dining room unbearable. Get a nice one. The idea with the dining room is not to do it on a tight budget. Your aim is to make the room a special place that makes people feel comfortable. No one wants to eat dinner in a room that lacks adequate lighting. If you can get the chandelier on a dimmer switch, that is the best option.
- Bring out the good dishes, even when you are not eating on them. Many people keep their good dishes locked away for no one to ever see. Put full place settings out in the dining room to make it look like a room that people actually eat in. This might sound strange, but having places set makes the room more approachable.
- Add some new colour to the walls. Now that you have everything done as far as the table is concerned, begin to look at the new colour themes you have brought into the room. Use one of the secondary colours on the tablecloth as a highlight colour to faux paint into your dining room walls. Faux painting gives dining rooms the illusion of textures on the walls and can help to hide flaws.
These five simple steps will cost a little bit of money. It will be worth every dime, though, once the family is sitting down for dinner together again. Now you just have to adjust the calendar so everyone has time for meals in the dining room.
Comments are closed.